Arrival And Dismissal Procedures
Dacula High School has implemented a new student drop-off process for SY 2017-18.
This process was desiged to enhance student safety and to expedite student drop-offs
An important note, the school will assign consequences to students for failure to follow directions if parents and students do not adhere to the new drop-off process. Likewise, our school resource officers will write traffic citations for parents who release students on Dacula Road, Broad Street, or any location other than the designated drop-off area.
Thank you in advance for your patience and cooperation as we implement the new student drop-off process. On a final note and as a reminder, students are not allowed to enter the building until 6:30am effective August 7, 2017.
- Drivers will enter the drop-off location by either making a left turn or right turn off Broad Street onto the DHS campus.
- You will then be routed between the stadium, fieldhouse, and main gym.
- The required stop area for student drop-off is between the Main Gym and Main Building. This area will be clearly marked and well supervised by several staff members.
- Students should be prepared to quickly exit the right side of the car, and then wait on the sidewalk next to the Main Gym within this drop-off area.
- Once the student has exited the car, the driver needs to continue to move through the route area at a speed that would not pose a threat to other students or staff members on campus.
- Students will then be directed by a staff member when it is safe to cross the road.
- Parents will exit the drop-off route at the traffic light on Dacula Road at the library and Dacula Park. A school resource officer (SRO) will operate this light and direct you to make a left turn only.